Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Paper Chain Countdown

Hi hi!

I have 25 (almost 24) weeks left in Korea. Wow. When you say it like that it doesn't sound like very much does it?! Time's going by and as a way of keeping track of how much time I have left in the good ol' R.O.K., I've made a paper chain. A friend, Katherine-Alice, made one for herself and I thought it was a great idea. She chose to use circular links, but I went for something a bit different. Each link represents one week and every Friday, I'll remove one link (I may keep them, though, for when I have 25 days left. I dunno). Take a look!


OOOOoooo0o0o0o0o!!!

Aaaaaahhhhh!!!

Wooooowww!!!

Just wanted to share that.

Wanna make your own? Here's how:

Step 1: Cut as many 1/2-inch (or maybe a tiny bit thinner) strips of paper as there are days/weeks/months/whatever that you wanna countdown. I made 25 for 25 weeks. Be creative! Use different colours or patterns. You can use construction paper like I did or pages from a magazine or foil gum wrappers like Sandra Bullock did in the movie 28 Days (That's where I got this idea). Whatever.

I just unfolded one to show you.

Step 2: Fold the strip in half length-wise.

Step 3: Fold again in half width-wise to make a crease.



Step 4: Fold the edges in to meet the middle crease you just made.





Step 5: Repeat Steps 1-4 with your second strip. Now to connect the two, simply slide the wings of the second strip into the wings of the first. I don't know if that makes sense in words, but the picture should make it clear.



Step 6: Repeat Steps 1-5 until you're done!




Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment