Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Random Chat Up

Have any of you ever been just walking, minding your own business, when someone comes up to you and just... starts talking? You don't know them, they don't know you, and you don't even know how the conversation started, because you had your earphones in and didn't even realise they were talking to you until you noticed they were keeping step with you and glancing at you every now and then?

No?

Just me?

Ok, well that was my walk home from the train station. Definitely made me laugh (and I love to laugh), but I was so confused and a little annoyed at the same time. As above I was walking with my music on. I noticed a guy crossing the street to my side. He was walking his dog. I think he was smiling, but I thought he was friends with the 2 guys walking behind me, so I kept on walking. Then I noticed he was trying to match my stride and looking at me and I realised he'd been talking this whole time and I wasn't listening. So I took out one earbud. Why did I take out one earbud? I don't know, but I did. The walk home from the train station is 15-20 minutes, longer if I'm strolling. I definitely wasn't strolling.

For the majority of my walk home, "Bobby" (probably not his real name as he was Korean) talked and I half-listened. And boy can he talk. I suspect he was using me for English practice, but really he could have done that all by himself in front of his mirror because my comments were a rotation of:

Mmmhmmm
Yeah
Ah
Oh
Why not? / Sounds good. / Do it. - Whenever he asked "What do you think?"

It was very weird but he looked so normal (except for the spit gathering on the sides of his mouth - you know, when you don't stop talking to take a breath or a swallow). Am I being mean? I don't know. I also don't care. This guy ruined my peaceful walk home, but it was comical enough for me to be able to laugh about it after (and kind of during, but he didn't seem to notice).

I actually started to wonder where the cameras were....

OH! And in case you were wondering what he talked about, I'll share some of what I remember:

African American women are beautiful.
American movies like Bad Boys are great but so violent.
Actors like Samuel Jackson and Terry Crews are hilarious.
African Americans are very fast runners and great dancers.
He has a dream of building some kind of battle robot.....
Some commentary on puppies....
Some remarks about food, though I can't remember what.

No comments:

Post a Comment