Total Pageviews

Friday, March 27, 2015

Dareum Mountain 달음산

The last time I went hiking was just last November.  It took a total of 10 hours and I felt it for weeks. So of course I was apprehensive when I learned that I was expected to participate in the school hike that is done in honour of the 3rd year students who will be doing their university entrance exams in November. Then I learned that it's really steep. THEN I learned that near the top, it's also rocky (like climbing with hands rocky). So I got nervous. At the same time, though, I was pretty excited. I'd never gone hiking in Korea before so I was glad to have the opportunity. Not to mention I was getting paid to do it and there were no classes as a result of the hike. And now.... I've done it! It's 3 pm and I'm already home! So that's nice.

This was a much better and much more encouraging experience than in November for a number of reasons (length of time, distance, how my body felt doing it, weather), so I'm happy I got to the top. I wasn't sure I would, to be honest. But here are some of the thoughts I had on the way up:

You can do it.
Get it girl. 
The time will pass anyway, might as well keep going.
If you need to quit you can, so just go until you can't go any more.
Okay let's rest for a bit.
Stretch it out. 
Shall I stop or keep going? Let's keep going.
Where the hell am I?
Spirit, guide me. No, seriously. I don't know if this is the right path. (Metaphor for life, anyone?)

And now, some photos! 






























6 comments:

  1. That's great going Angie! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Angel! There's definitely a life metaphor to be had! Persist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Letesha! I'm glad you caught the metaphor too hahaha.

      Delete
  3. Noice Angel!! :) So Blue Mountain Peak set the standard and now all else is manageable eh? You did it Gurl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mummy!! You're right! And I did some research and Blue Mountain is over 2200 metres high. Mt. Dareum is only 587 metres. So it's no wonder I was able to do it! Hahaha

      Delete