Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Home...Sick....

I just realised I've definitely already taken a different approach to this blog from last time. Back in 2010-2011, I used it as a way to say, "Hey I did this specific thing. Here are ALLLL the details and I'm having a great time!" Now I'm like, "I feel icky/happy/scared/nervous/blech. I'm gonna blog about it." Hahaha I guess I'm being more honest with myself (and therefore you, the reader) this time around. Whoa that was deep.

Anyway, being sick forces you to really keep things real. Really. I had said I felt the beginnings of a cold. HA! It was the flu. And a cold. And it was most horrible. My parents skyped with me because they're awesome and it really helped to see their faces, hear their voices, and feel their love and support. (Shoutout to Skype and WiFi!) Turning down invitations and apparent opportunities is hard. But when you're physically unable to do what you feel you need to (or would really like to do) you have to make smarter decisions.

Things I wanted to do last weekend:
1. Have lunch with Meg and Cheryl and other new potential friends.
2. Audition for an independent play and meet more new people, get out there, do something fun.

Things I did last weekend:
1. Cough
2. Blow my nose
3. Shiver
4. Have headaches
5. Sleep
6. Wish I was home

Then I went to work yesterday, because it's only week 2 and I really can't be missing days already. It's not the done thing and I honestly felt up to it... in the morning. By the end of the day I was so spent.

Anyway, all that to say I've been feeling really home sick and I at first felt like it was too soon to feel that way, but Meg put it in perspective for me. She said, "...you're sick and of course you want to be home. This isn't your home yet." Yup. Nailed it. This isn't my home yet! Duh! Give it some time. And being sick makes everything suck, although it has made me REALLY grateful for modern and traditional medicines, helpful friends, supportive parents, and the permission to wear jeans to work! So that's good!

Also I no longer have a fever (or let me say I currently do not have a fever). Woke up all sweaty this morning so hopefully the spell fever has finally broken. And I had a rare moment earlier when both nostrils were clear, so I seized the golden opportunity to do a sinus rinse. It felt so good to be able to do! If you've never done one, I recommend it. Even if you're not sick, it's a great way to just clean out your sinuses and keep things operating properly. Mmmmm saline hahah It feels really weird and uncomfortable the first time you do it, but you get used to it.

All right, work later. TTFN!

Angel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment