Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Record Breaker! LASEK Update

I went in to Dream Eye Centre (click the name!) for my 2-week check up and had my vision tested. Mr. Choo said, "This must be some kind of record." My left eyes is now at 20/20 and my right eye is at 20/17 or 16. That's BETTER than 20/20!!! In only 2 weeks! Both he and Dr. Lee were expecting that my vision would take longer to improve since I started with such a high degree of near-sightedness and astigmatism. But, as Mr. Choo said, "Your eyes were so bad, but..... they are very strong!" That's me!

So my vision is now at 110%!! A friend and I have this joke that I'm here in Korea as a government spy, so naturally when I had the surgery done, one of his first questions was, "So... do you have x-ray vision yet?" The way things are going (since my vision will continue to improve), it just may happen!! Hahaha the eye itself is still a bit weak (the membrane cells that is), but a couple more weeks and I should be good to go I hope. Now I can finally wear eye make-up again and can wash my face properly and wash my hair!!

The song that's been running through my mind since I got the news is "Magic" by B.o.B. featuring Rivers Cuomo.

♪♫ I've got the maaagic in me!! I've got the magic magic maaaaagic aaawooooo!!! ♪♫


4 comments:

  1. Hey lady! I really admire your courage to do a surgery in a foreign country. I'm seriously considering Lasik once I have enough cash for it, and reading your updates and stuff has really helped me understand it and not be so afraid. Thanks! And btw, you're so gorgeous it's almost unfair. Enjoy being glasses-free!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, go for it! Just note that Lasik and Lasek are actually 2 different procedures, so if you get Lasik then my blog will not have the right info for you. Also, Thank you!! You're too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did your surgery cost Angelique, and how does that cost compared to back home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the various discounts I got, it cost 1.8 million won (just under $1,800 CAD). Back in Canada it would have cost me $4,000. Biiiiiiiiiiig difference.

    ReplyDelete