Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

STING!


That's right. I said Sting!

Jen, Steve and I made the everlasting journey to Olympic Park to see Sting in concert. Oh man did it take forever or WHAT! Almost 3 hours each way (6 hours of travel total). That being said, I'm so glad I went!! I wasn't a huge Sting fan before, but I was really impressed. What a great show! What a fantastic musician! Never off beat. Never off pitch. And some really original time signatures!! Wow!! And the Korean Symphonic Orchestra just made it even more magical. I bought a t-shirt before the concert and I'm glad I did!! Enjoy a few pictures!



Englishman in New York

Harmonica!


Playing a guitar-like instrument.

The bow after the 2nd encore I think. (There were 3)
WOO!
I have more pictures on Facebook. You can view the public link for that album here!

Cool after-story: We had to catch taxis home from Sanbon station because we'd missed the last train to Ansan station. I ended up cabbing it alone because of logistics. Couldn't catch a taxi, then I realised there was a line for taxis and that's why none of them were stopping for me. Doh! Then a drunk Korean ajashi (older man) who had been watching me and making fun of me asks me in Korean "Where are you going?" and let me cut in front of him in the line. THEN he asks again and I tell him Siheung. he flags down a taxi (mind you it was one of the more expensive ones) and got me in there, even though there were like 6 or 7 ppl ahead of me in line. He was probably able to, because it was more expensive and no one wanted to take it hahah. Anyway I get in and h takes me home and we have a fun conversation in Konglish (Korean/English) and I even  learned a couple new words!! It was cool. I ended up paying 24,000won (should taken up that one taxi driver who offered to only charge 20,000) for th emore expensive taxi, plus he made me pay for the tall charge. Oh well. I got home and had an enjoyable cab ride along the way. When you think about it though, $24 for a taxi ride of that distance is really good by Canadian standards!! hehe. Okay the end!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, my name is Brooke and I run TESL Korea News, a website that aims to bring foreigner together across Korea. I happend across your blog and would love to have it linked to my own website www.teslkoreanews.com, and that of my sponsor, Teach ESL Recruitment, www.teacheslkorea.com. Also, I was wondering if you would be interested in contributing to the website? Please email me at teslknews@gmail.com if you are. :)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete