Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Eau Canada!

This post is not about water, but I thought "Oh Canada" would have been too unoriginal. So just give me a tiny clap for my tiny piece of creativity in that title
*waits for tiny applause*... Okay moving on.

I went to Canada! From July 31st to August 11th I was really quite blessed to be present for the wedding of a great friend of mine from high school and also to see friends and family in Toronto. And now I'm back! People had asked me early on in my time here in Busan whether or not I missed Toronto. And I started to miss it after a while, but at first the only response I had was "I miss my family. I miss my friends. I don't really miss Toronto." I do love Toronto, but it was really the presence of my mum and dad; my brother and sister-in-law; my friends that made this trip great.

PARKSVILLE, VANCOUVER ISLAND, BC


Jana's wedding was BEAUTIFUL. She was BEAUTIFUL. The day was BEAUTIFUL. And that whole weekend was just..... you know. I felt so loved and even though I wasn't in the bridal party I felt like I was a part of it all. It wasn't my day, so it wasn't about me, but I'm the protagonist in the movie of my life and in this part of the movie all I felt was joy for Jana and Craig and also for myself, because I felt so included. I don't know how Jana did it. I suspect she is magical. Leenie and Cierra think so too. Speaking of Cierra and Leenie (and also Izzy), THANK YOU for the long ass ride from/to Comox airport. Also thank you for listening to my rant about that gosh darn taxi driver. It was a good story hey?! Chad, another good friend from high school, was the awesomest roomie/wedding buddy ever. And I got to reconnect with/meet Andrea (also from high school but we didn't really talk). It really was all quite perfect.

All packed and ready to head out the door. July 31, 2015

FINALLY in Parksville and hanging out the night before Jana and Craig's big day.


Chad and Leenie

The beautiful bride, Jana


Andrea!


Wedding Day!


Teehee!
Maude/Betsy 

I was SO happy to eat this breakfast. It was SO tasty and now I want to eat it again.

Cocktail time!



We're so good looking.

But she's just gorgeous!


First dance as a married couple!


Leenie and Cierra (just cuz they're awesome)


L-R: Leenie, Cierra, Some girl.

Their room had a gorgeous view!

TORONTO, ON


My week in Toronto was chill (literally and figuratively. HA!) and pleasant and I didn't do everything I had initially planned to do, but I did the important things, and I did them fully. I got to spend some really substantial time avec ma famille and got to see some of the friends I'd been missing while here in Busan. Thanks for making time for me (in order of appearance) Matt, Sarah, Leona, Keith, Letesha (plus Praise!), and Najla. I had a blasty blast with you all! Thank you to my Mama and Papa for all the great food and for letting me stay with you in your new home! It was great to see my cousin Kay-Dean and my Uncle Evon at the BBQ (on one of the few Sunny days while I was in Toronto womp womp).

Flavoured soju = Victory!

She's so cute.

They have a pool!!

Christening the new BBQ master chef!

Siblings!

D'awwwww

Hangouts with Friends


Brunch at Insomnia!

With Sarah!

Poutiiiine at Smoke's

With Keith and Leona!

Time for some BIG DRANKS!


Awww yis

Also dessert and colouring. It was tons of fun.

Albion Falls, Hamilton


We almost bought the same shoes!






Here's an unobstructed view of the falls.

And a cool rock face/wall thing.

House Warming BBQ


Najla holding Praise

Letesha!

When the photographer makes you laugh then snaps the pic.

Me with Mama and Baby!

My brother dons Praise with his hat.

She likes it!

She also really likes chewing on bottles, apparently.

My cousin, Kay Dean, going for a leisurely climb.

She seems to be having fun.

Then is unsure of how to get down.

With my mom's help, she makes it down!

And stays seated for the remainder of the BBQ, safely on the ground lol.

The first smile I got out of Praise!

I was very pleased with myself haha.

Shout out to Air Canada. Just kidding I low-key hate you.

Bye!

4 comments:

  1. Such a great read! I'm glad you had a great time while you visited. ❤ My fave pics are Praise pleased about the hat, Kay-Dean triumphant tree dismount stance and you looking like Carmen's twin with your fancy drink. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree those are all great ones and yeah I look so much more like my mom these days!

      Delete