Total Pageviews

Monday, August 17, 2015

I Dreamed a Dream.... and then it happened. Kinda.

So I've been experiencing some dream realness lately.

Exhibit A


The night of Aug. 6. I dreamt that I received an envelope I was waiting for from Air Canada, but instead of the cheque for $400 that I was expecting, it was a gift certificate to some store for $280. I was frustrated and bewildered. The next day, I received that envelope and instead of a cheque for $400, it was a NOTICE of compensation. In other words, an I.O.U. I was frustrated and bewildered.

Exhibit B


The night of Aug. 7. I dreamt that I received a cheque from my alma mater for $13,000 because I had such a high GPA. I remember saying, "Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!" I felt elated. The next day, I didn't receive money BUT there was a sale at the Shoe Company and I got 3 pairs of shoes, all shoes that I'd been meaning to get for a WHILE, for less than $150. I felt elated and said something like, "YES! THAT'S what I'm talking about!"

Exhibit C


Last night. I dreamt that I had a conversation with Sammy, a family member who passed away earlier this year. I don't know if it was a visitation dream, because we didn't talk about much, except going out for dinner. He wasn't eating (didn't need to anymore), but was happy to go with us and chat and drink tea while we ate. Mostly I remember him just looking at me and smiling. This morning, my first day of work for the semester, I'm in the final stages of getting ready to go and I get a text from my Korean teacher liaison and he tells me that there's been a schedule change and today (and every Monday now) I only have 2 classes and don't start until 4pm (rather than 4 classes and starting at 10:30am). His English name.... is Sam.

Mind Blown

That is all. Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment